Chain Size Guide
MEN'S CHAIN LENGTH GUIDE
*The average collar size for men is 16 inches, so necklace lengths tend to start just above this:
- An 18” (45cm) chain is probably the best length to go for if you’re shopping for a man with a smaller-than-average neck, where it will fall at the base of the neck
- A 20” (50cm) chain is the most popular necklace length for men, sitting on the collarbone of the average-sized man
- A 24” (60cm) chain will fall just above the sternum, adding a statement to any outfit
WOMEN'S CHAIN LENGTH GUIDE
*Did you know the that the average woman's neck size is 13.5 inches? Try to keep this in mind when you’re shopping for women’s necklaces, as this will give you a good idea of where different necklaces will sit on the body:
- An 14" (35cm) chain/necklace is considered as a choker. This will fit tight around your neck. Make sure to measure your neck to make sure it doesn't surpass 14".
- A women’s 16” (40cm) chain/necklace will sit just above the collarbone, at the base of the neck, peeking out just above a shirt collar, not much longer than a choker
- An 18” (45cm) chain/necklace - the most popular necklace length for women - will fall on the collarbone itself, meaning it will look gorgeous with any neckline. This length of necklace is also known as a princess length necklace
- A 20” (50cm) chain/necklace will fall just below the collarbone, looking great with a low-cut dress, or adding an extra accessory over the top of a plain jumper
- A 24” (60cm) chain/necklace - sometimes referred to as opera length - will fall in the middle of the bust line - the perfect way to make a statement when wearing a plain top or dress
* For chokers, add two inches to your neck measurement, for a comfortable fit.
* Add four inches to your neck measurement to have a good length for an average chain, with a pendant.